Something in this file structure...

Something in this file structure...

EotSEotS Posts: 9Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Editor
Edit: I found the problem. It was the reference to DataTables.php that was causing the problem. It's location is relative to the php page making the direct call to it, not the top page of the DataTables instance. I really did dig for a long time before posting, so sorry to clutter the forum! :)

I've got a perfectly working instance of DataTables with Editor built.

When I try to put it into the site on a jQueryUI tab (by linking to the first page of the DataTable instance) I get the standard error: [quote]DataTables warning (table id = 'production_counts'): DataTables warning: JSON data from server could not be parsed. This is caused by a JSON formatting error"[/quote]

I did go into my two PHP files and my JS file to update all the links to be relevant to the new requesting page, and the console shows that all of those links have been successfully loaded. But I get the error...

Is there something in the base DataTables / Editor files that is pointing to something that needs to be changed? I'm puzzled...

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,109 Site admin
    Good to hear you've got it sorted out :-). I will look into how that kind of error can be reported in a more useful way.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.