AJAX & fnFilter Problem

AJAX & fnFilter Problem

mmtryingmmtrying Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2012 in General
Hi~ I am a new Chinese user. My English is not good. Please forgive. Datatables is amazing, and I always can find solution in discussions, but I really feel frustrated this time. Maybe my questions is stupid. Hope anyone can help with below 2 cases.

1. Ajax problem: I do not use a server process. I just try to get data from external file (eg: "sAjaxSource": 'AJAX_example.txt') in the datatables, but Ajax seems cannot support Chinese word (charset=big5) as the content, so the garbled text is occurred. Is there any way to solve it?

2. fnFilter Problem: After "Ajax problem" above, I try to use Decimal Ncrs instead of Chinese word, and it can display well finally, but "fnFilter" dose not work for Chinese.

For example, one of cell content is "搜尋", HTML display is "搜尋", and I use fnFilter to search "搜尋", there is not result, but if I use "搜尋" to search, the data can be found. Is there any way to solve this?

*It is strange when I use default filter (.dataTables_filter) to search with "搜尋", it works.

I spent many hours trying to seek solution, but really cannot find matched. Very very appreciate for anyone can help with. Thank you so much.

Replies

• mmtryingmmtrying Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Is there anyone can help with this ?
  • mmtryingmmtrying Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Is my word hard to understand? I am begging for help.. Appreciate!
This discussion has been closed.