Forum updates

Forum updates

allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
edited May 2012 in Announcements
Hello all,

I've been working on a number of updates to the forums recently and I'd like to highlight some of the changes:

1. Voting - I've introduced StackoverFlow style voting options to the forums, so you can now vote for your favourite questions, requests, answers etc. Votes are shown in the main forum listing, where you can vote by simply clicking on the vote counter, or by using the voting display inside each thread.

2. Indicators - threads which are started by priority support users or Editor licenses are marked with indicators on the left-handside of the thread shown in the main forum list. This highlights how priority is given to these threads when answering questions.

Also there is one site-wide charge - a new logo :-). I've updated the DataTables logo to bring it up-to-date with the Editor logo, which makes the letter clearer and hopefully more "modern".

Hope you all enjoy continuing to use DataTables - many more plans for the future :-)

Regards,
Allan

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Update - I've disabled voting as it wasn't really being used other than to self vote - it was effectively an unused feature that was just cluttering things up.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.