Forum changes

Forum changes

allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
edited June 2011 in Announcements

You might have noticed that the forums have changed! This is part of an update to the site to improve how I can communicate on support matters for DataTable. It's quite possible that there will be some growing pains with the updated forums - if you do notice anything please do let me know by posting a new thread! Having said that - everything should continue to work as before.

I'll post more details when I finalise some of the other changes.

Regards,
Allan

Replies

• GregPGregP Posts: 487Questions: 8Answers: 0
    I like it! Good work thus far, Allan.
  • bill.martinobill.martino Posts: 38Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Is there still a forum specific search or is the google search at top meant to cover it?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    The Google search at the top still covers the forum. While the forum software itself is great, I've not found the search algorithm to be particularly fantastic and think that the Google search provides more suitable targets for a search. One example is that the forum search doesn't give any precedence to when a post was posted, and with more than 5'000 discussions now, while a few of the old ones are simply out-of-date.

Because of this I've disabled the forum specific search - it is possible to try it out here if you would like: http://datatables.net/forums/search (looks like it has some escaping issues at the moment...).

Allan
This discussion has been closed.