The selected row loses the highlighting when a cell in it gets into inline-edit mode

The selected row loses the highlighting when a cell in it gets into inline-edit mode

worldroamerworldroamer Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

I have a datatable with editor having inline editing enabled. We have enabled the row selection by which the user can see which row he is on. When a user clicks on a row, it gets highlighted. So far good. But when user clicks on cells with inline-edit, the row selection is lost when the cell gets into the edit mode. We still want to retain the row selection even if a cell in it is being edit.

This is important for us because we have child table which shows the relevant data for the currently selected row in the parent table.

We tried different approaches, but none worked so far.

Replies

• worldroamerworldroamer Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

It looks to me that the problem is not with the inline-edit. It is with the row selection logic. When we click on a row, it gets selected. when we click the same row, the selection gets toggled. But we always want one row to get selected all the time.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

It's possible, the select could be removed depending on how you're dealing with the inline edit. This example here is demonstrating both. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you update my example, or link to your page, so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• worldroamerworldroamer Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 0

Thanks Colin. Just what I needed.