Multiple DataTables using csv as the data source with date range filtering

Multiple DataTables using csv as the data source with date range filtering

David NolanDavid Nolan Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited November 2021 in Free community support

Hi there,

I am looking to use multiple DataTables on a webpage where each table is using data from different csv files on the same server.

I have been able to find examples on the forums of the site on how to do this. However I also need to be able to filter each table by date or date range, as per the example here: https://datatables.net/extensions/datetime/examples/integration/datatables.html

So basically what I am wanting to achieve is a page with multiple tables that work as per below, but have the data coming from locally hosted csv files with each table being able to be filtered by date or date range. It also needs "export csv" capabilities.

Has anyone else tried to achieve this in the past or have examples of how to achieve this code wise?

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to jquery.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Would you want each table to have its own date range? Or would the same date range filter all the tables?

Colin

• David NolanDavid Nolan Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin, sorry for the delay in reply. I was after a date range for each individual table.

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    edited December 2021

Inside the search plugin that you linked to, the first argument is settings. This is private, and disclaimer says it may change (but it's very very unlikely), but it has a property settings.sTableId that will tell you the table being filtered. You can use this to then go to the specific search elements for that table,

Colin