Is saveState working together with preSelect?

Is saveState working together with preSelect?

HAnttonenHAnttonen Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello all,

I am wondering (after searching on the forums, manual and other sources) I could not find any mention about searchPanes and its behaviour together with saveState and preSelect.

I have a table I am using with searchPanes and want to be able to select some cases out of the table on loading the page for the first time. However, when the user changes the filters I would want it to save it with stateSave. It works, but not for the one searchPanes pane where I have the values pre-selected. In that pane all the other options, apart from the preSelect values are working properly. The pre-selected values are always being selected back when the page is refreshed, even if the user would have deselected them. (please see the example below)

live.datatables.net/rexotoqu/3/edit

Is there a way to work around this or are these two options not working together?

Thank you for your help!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @HAnttonen ,

Thanks for pointing this out. You're right, the state should be prioritised over the preselection here. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2334 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update - probably on Thursday.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• HAnttonenHAnttonen Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @sandy,

thanks for your reply. Has the issue been solved? I tried pulling in the newest nightly into my code but it does not seem to have fixed the issue yet.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi @HAnttonen ,

Apologies, I didn't get around to this last week. I'm next working on Friday so will be sure to take a look at it then. (Back to part time now that university has started back up again!)

Thanks,
    Sandy

Answer ✓

Hi @HAnttonen ,

Apologies again for the delay in getting this fixed. That should be the issue fixed now though. This will be available in the next SearchPanes release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• HAnttonenHAnttonen Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @sandy,

thank you very much!