Return data not updating table

Return data not updating table

benoatenbenoaten Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 1

The code shown is updating the database, but isnt updating the table, the row just flashes yellow and reverts back to the previous value, it does however show the correct value upon refreshing the page

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Is this still an issue, or was it resolved with your other thread?

Colin

• benoatenbenoaten Posts: 10Questions: 3Answers: 1

This is still an issue

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin

Just before the .Process(...) call, can you add .Debug(true) and then show me the JSON return from the server when you submit an edit?

Thanks,
    Allan

"{\"ContentEncoding\":null,\"ContentType\":null,\"Data\":{\"draw\":null,\"data\":[{\"DT_RowId\":\"row_8129\",\"OrderItemID\":8129,\"VATCodeID\":4,\"AccountCodeID\":16}],\"recordsTotal\":null,\"recordsFiltered\":null,\"error\":null,\"fieldErrors\":[],\"id\":null,\"meta\":{},\"options\":{},\"searchPanes\":{\"options\":{}},\"files\":{},\"upload\":{\"id\":null},\"debug\":[{\"Query\":\"UPDATE [OrderLineItem] SET [AccountCodeID] = @AccountCodeID WHERE [OrderItemID] = @where_0 \",\"Bindings\":[{\"Name\":\"@where_0\",\"Value\":\"8129\",\"Type\":null},{\"Name\":\"@AccountCodeID\",\"Value\":16,\"Type\":null}]},{\"Query\":\"SELECT [OrderItemID] as 'OrderItemID', [VATCodeID] as 'VATCodeID', [AccountCodeID] as 'AccountCodeID' FROM [OrderLineItem] WHERE [OrderItemID] = @where_0 \",\"Bindings\":[{\"Name\":\"@where_0\",\"Value\":\"8129\",\"Type\":null}]}],\"cancelled\":[]},\"JsonRequestBehavior\":1,\"MaxJsonLength\":null,\"RecursionLimit\":null}"

The actual table itself contains more columns than just those 3 though, do I need to return a value for all of them? Or just the columns that are editable?

The response is wrapped as a string, and also inside a Data object. Are you using something on the client-side to de-wrap it? If not, then that is the issue, you ideally just want the server to respond with the plain JSON from the .Data() method. Whatever controller type you are using must be wrapping it I guess?

Allan

Screenshot attached is the whole controller, which is set up basically the same as in the .net getting started documentation

Should I just be returning the data object within the response?
    When I do that, I get the same issue but without the yellow flash animation that suggests it's updated, and if I return data[0] the whole row is removed from the table until it's refreshed

Is this MVC, WebAPI, WebForms or something else?

Allan

This is MVC

• JeffCetsatJeffCetsat Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Any help gratefully received :-)

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,139Questions: 26Answers: 4,734

I'm not familiar with MVC so can't give a specific answer but this doc shows what Editor expects in the response. Hopefully that helps you update your controller code to work. Let us know the results.

Kevin

I would have expected an ActionResult from an MVC controller through the return Json(...); would give just the JSON and not wrap it up in a string.

Try this approach - I'm not sure why we don't need that in the MVC example I've got running here though. There must be a configuration option somewhere...

Allan