PHP $editor->db()->raw() rowcount after UPDATE/DELETE

PHP $editor->db()->raw() rowcount after UPDATE/DELETE

hapihapi Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi, is there a way to get the number of rows effected after an UPDATE or DELETE statement.

->count() seems working only, if there is a result array after a SELECT

$sql = "DELETE FROM TABLE_X WHERE Y = :Y";
$result = $editor->db()->raw()
->bind(':Y', $Y)
->exec($sql);

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

PDOStatement::rowCount()
    https://www.php.net/manual/en/pdostatement.rowcount.php

Not really a DataTables issue.

• hapihapi Posts: 18Questions: 3Answers: 0

How can I access the statement. The result does not include rowCount() function?

Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method DataTables\Database\Driver\OracleResult::rowCount()

I have problems with dead locks, if I use my own connection, I need to work in the same session of the Editor backend.

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

I assumed you were using MySQL. Presumably Oracle has an equivalent statement.
    Try an Oracle forum.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

rowCount probably will work with Oracle (it's a standard PDO method), but it is a PDO method, not one which is on our Result object.

What you probably need to do here is get the PDO object:

$pdo = $db->resource();

and then you can use the regular PDO methods that PHP provides.

Regards,
    Allan

Thanks! Still not working. Indeed for Oracle it should work.

$pdo = $editor->db()->resource();
    $count_updates += $pdo->rowCount();

Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught Error: Call to a member function rowCount() on resource in my code
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: {closure}(Object(DataTables\Editor), '735', Array, Array)
    #1 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/inc/datatables/lib/Editor.php(2204): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
    #2 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/inc/datatables/lib/Editor.php(1260): DataTables\Editor-&gt;_trigger('postEdit', '735', Array, Array)
    #3 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/inc/datatables/lib/Editor.php(1034): DataTables\Editor-&gt;_update('735', Array)
    #4 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/inc/datatables/lib/Editor.php(703): DataTables\Editor-&gt;_process(Array)
    #5 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/pages/tools/calendar.php(741): DataTables\Editor-&gt;process(Array)
    #6 /opt/rzbtfint/HTTPServer/htdocs/php/index.php(192): include_once('/opt/rzbtfint/H...')
    #7 {main}
      thrown in ... my code

Sorry, probably I know now why it does not work. I use a fake PDO Class, as PDO is not installed on my Server. The Fake Class probably does not work here.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Actually it is probably because $pdo there is not a PDOStatement - it is just a PDO instance. You need to do the whole stmt() stuff as you usually would with the PDO class - we don't provide access to the PDO statements that our libraries use via an API method.

Allan

Ahhh many thanks, this hint brought me now to the right direction.

However it was not a PDO connection, but a OCI8 instead.

$connOCI = $editor->db()->resource();
    $stmt = oci_parse($connOCI, $sql);
    oci_bind_by_name($stmt, ":ID", $id);
    oci_execute($stmt);
    $count_updates += oci_num_rows($stmt);
    oci_free_statement($stmt);

Many thanks!

This discussion has been closed.