How can I run synchronous table.draws()?

How can I run synchronous table.draws()?

nc92nc92 Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello everyone. I hope you're doing well.
I'm having a problem where I need to print all the table rows. For this, I use two draws(), but the problem is that I need them to be synchronous and they're happening asynchronously, meaning that for example $table.page.len(50).draw() is happening before $table.page.len(-1).draw(), even though it's supposed to be the other way around. I've tried coding eventListeners for Draw(), but I can't emulate the synchronicity.
What I wanted to do was this:

$table.page.len(-1).draw()
wait for draw
print the loaded table
$table.page.len(50).draw()
wait for draw, to reset table

I'm using a SetTimeout as a workaround, but I find it unreliable, because what if the rows exponentially increase in the future?
I'll leave the code here. Thanks for all the help!

protected static PrintAllDocAction(elemsToHide: string[]) {
let $table = $('.dataTable').DataTable();

$table.page.len(-1).draw();

setTimeout(function ()
    {
        window.print();

$table.page.len(50).draw();
    }, 5000); 
}

Replies

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    edited February 2021

Sounds like you are using server side processing, serverSide: true. Try using a single instance of the draw event, something like this pseudo code:

$table.one('draw', function () {
      window.print();

});
    $table.page.len(-1).draw();

Note the use of one instead ofon. It should execute once after the$table.page.len(-1).draw();` is complete.

Kevin

• nc92nc92 Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

It worked!...Almost completely. I needed to sharpen one edge, because when the print window was showing, it was showing with a loading symbolinstead of the rows, which probably meant that the draw had finished but it was still somehow rendering the table? I did this slight adjustment:

$table.one('draw', function() {
    setTimeout(function () {
    window.print();
    }, 1000);
    });

I had to do a timeout still, but I think it's safer now, since the big draw has finished.
    Thanks a lot, once again!!

This discussion has been closed.