Table as a sub form

Table as a sub form

LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi @allan
Someone said "I have a dream".... Me to

Today I was searching for a simple way to do a complex job as :

Use a datatable as part of opened (displayed) editor form and allow to create edit delete rows in this datatable subform, perhaps as inline editing (in fact it sould be nice if inline could allow select inputs and more...) while mainform is in edit mode.

Best regards

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

It isn’t yet... But it is something I’ve been working on for the next major version of Editor :). Stay tuned...!

Allan

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi @allan
    Very nice. B)

For many years I code microsoft databases using Access or VB on mdb or sqlserver databases.
    I know your product will never be named Microsoft (or else) but I'm seeing you propose a really stable dev including high level functional richness tools and really usable concept

For my meeting today it will be a little bit too short I think

What's the estimated arrival day time for this next major (approximatively) ?
    A beta somewhere ?

Have a good next
    Best regards
    Bob

Answer ✓

Hi Bob,

Many thanks for your kind words! It should drop in February - if you are interested I can send you a beta when ready. Your feedback is always welcome.

Regards,
    Allan

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi @allan

Yes of course 'm interrested to get beta when available....

Just in my memory..... In prehistoric time (36years ago) I did find a bug in microsoft jet database engine... I was managing stocks for pharmaceutical products and sometimes moveLastModified method was setting row pointer to ... the first line of the table.
    I did place a call to microsoft support, and they tell me it was not possible.... I create a loop for test and demonstrate it was... So they release new jet engine and for my contribution, they offer me a .... microsoft full dev kit... very nice, not ?

Best regards
    Bob

That's superb. Kudos to Microsoft :).

Allan

This discussion has been closed.