How are you using DataTables? - Page 11

How are you using DataTables?

Replies

• karliekarlie Posts: 83Questions: 17Answers: 0

Absolutely love working with Datatables, and the support is brilliant. So glad I chose this path now, as I was considering AG-Grid for a while, but it was very lacking in documentation (I'm not knocking it, it looks fab, but by it's very nature of being 'Agnostic' as they put it, the learning curve looked very steep). I use Datatables in 2 different environments. The first is to act as a search tool for our Magento store https://www.wardgemstones.com/stonefinder/ Magento is great, but it doesn't do search very well out of the box. With over 30,000 products we needed customers to be able to find stock quickly, and with State Save the grid is exactly as it was when they left it, which makes it pleasant to use as a search tool. I'm currently feeding Datatables with a separate database, which is a pain as I have to keep it up to date, but I am looking at generating a feed automatically from Magento for DT to work from.

The 2nd usage is as a private price list for staff to use. It has around 60,000 products in it, and is great for eradicating duplicate SKU code issues and moving away from using Excel as a price list, which is pretty cumbersome. This is very much a work in progress with additional elements being added over the coming months. I will be linking in an inventory system, adding a postage system (using the Royal Mail API), and designing a system to deal with products that are out on approval. Plenty to keep me busy! Thanks for all the support from the forums, and thanks especially to Allan for all his hard work and patience, it's very much appreciated, especially from someone like me who always seems to be a little bit out of their depth!

• classic12classic12 Posts: 228Questions: 60Answers: 4

Hi karlie

Just tested on Iphone all works well.

However if I go from portrait to landscape and back the cells don’t resize until I click reset button

Add your reset code on orientation change

Cheers

Steve Warby

• karliekarlie Posts: 83Questions: 17Answers: 0
    edited April 2018

Yes, mobile view is an issue. It's currently not visible to mobile devices (unless you have the link!). I'm going to look at the 'card' layout that I've seen discussed on here for mobile. I know there is the responsive option in DT but a card layout lends itself better to mobiles IMO.

Not entirely sure why the cells behave in that way going from landscape to portrait.

• DeepikaDatatablesDeepikaDatatables Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Follow my blog post where I explain how datatables is used with node and express and mongodb .
    https://medium.com/@deepika.gunda/series-datatables-with-nodejs-express-and-mongodb-part1-get-a-database-to-work-with-7ce78848023e

• Juninho De LucaJuninho De Luca Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited May 2018

I am using Datatables Editor PHP with Laravel to rewrite my webapp which manage marketing projects of any type, exporting/connecting to many objectives (TV Indoor, site, e-Commerce, Social Network, mobile apps, Adobe InDesign catalogs and magazines, etc). Here is how it is looking at the moment hahahaahu

• DaisyMaeDaisyMae Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

I am using the javascript version. DataTables is the most preferably plugin for my client's Employee's Quote calculator (the very existence of the system ) - can sort (drag & drop) specific columns, scroll bar at the bottom for overflow columns and setting the first 3 columns as fixed.

Thanks!
    Daisy

• toson1003toson1003 Posts: 11Questions: 3Answers: 0

I'm newbie and using datatables with angular 5
    I want search example with angular but diffcult !
    Thanks !

• pisislerpisisler Posts: 106Questions: 21Answers: 1

I am developing an interface for keeping track of products that we sell in Amazon, Ebay and as such marketplaces. It's integrated with their APIs. So for example when I post a product in our interface, it updates marketplaces live.

• hliasminhliasmin Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

I have used DataTables library some times ago in many projects (some were simple ,some were complex enough ) which have been implemented with php. The library had worked perfectly. The library has been functional. All had been good. Nowadays, i want to include datatables library in a project which is going to be implemented with asp.net and i need to implement DataTables server side in most cases. I hope that DataTables library is going to function properly

• ariokariok Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am creating a price list, with dynamic columns, depending on the type of price given to a customer. :smile:

• jhonclaffordjhonclafford Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Naming conventions
    Before we move on, it’s useful to understand the conventions used in the library. DataTables uses Hungarian notation for naming variables, which basically adds certain prefix to its name that helps to understand type of data held by the variable.

n – Variable represents a node.
    o – Variable represents an object.
    a – Variable represents an array.
    s – variable is a string.
    b – Boolean
    f – Float
    i – Variable holds an integer value.
    fn – Variable represents a function.

Sometimes you will see multiple prefixes used together, like ao, which represents an array of objects.

• sinfuljoshsinfuljosh Posts: 25Questions: 0Answers: 5

Im using it to update a courier delivery site and was even able find a way to include google maps api when viewing orders.

• SalmanSSalmanS Posts: 102Questions: 12Answers: 0

Allan Bhai - Brother in our language..... data translation...haha, I am building a system to show datagrids in Tabs.

• nadhiminadhimi Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Turn of paging and show all crashes drupal 8 as it takes me to "drupal is already installed" :/ I have 6000 entries. I need to set it to server side processing, the drupal module doesn't allow that. So it is pretty useless as you can only sort what is on the page and search for what is on the page if you use drupal's paging.

• ninkatok123ninkatok123 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am using Data tables for displaying aggregated information from different databases and I am rendering almost 10000 rows. The Django based application is not still complete. So, I can not post links/screen-shots.

livescore

• Davet1986Davet1986 Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited January 2019

We're currently developing a hosted application for visualisation and filtering of measured values captured from various industrial equipment on top of the grails framework with JQuery and JQuery-UI, powered by a MySQL Database.

https://cambosports24.com

• redtyperredtyper Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have 12 datatables:

<table id = "TABLE_1" class = "table table-striped">
    <table id = "TABLE_2" class = "table table-striped">

I need to display datatables with export and visibility buttons.
    This is the datatables-init.js file

$(document).ready(function() {
        var table = $("table[id^='TABLE']").DataTable( {

buttons: ['copy', 'excel', 'pdf', 'colvis']
        });
        table.buttons().container()
            .appendTo(table.DataTable()('.col-md-6:eq(0)'));
    } );

The buttons do not display, I know that this is a problem with the place where they are displayed. Can anyone help ?

• Mazhar123Mazhar123 Posts: 17Questions: 4Answers: 0

I need help with this : https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/55092/can-we-convert-the-filter-option-to-a-drop-down-option-list/p1?new=1)

That's my plan of using DataTables . Can you please help me guys ?

• thomasrebelthomasrebel Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hey Allan,

I use it to update my parse Dashboard database, if it finally works :)

• IsaacTNIsaacTN Posts: 5Questions: 0Answers: 0

I'm using it for a free karaoke song database that karaoke DJs can use to find out whether songs have been released and whether or not they're currently available from any of the major vendors to purchase and download.

https://db.openkj.org

• ycusoyycusoy Posts: 27Questions: 5Answers: 0

hi admin, thank for all. am learn with your datatable. thanks for all <3 <3 <3 <3

• nrtriananrtriana Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0

I use DataTables to build a Pharmacy Management Application for the hospital where I work.

• odydaharyodydahary Posts: 19Questions: 3Answers: 0

very simple application that I made,
    but maybe the benefits are more needed. like datatables, simple syntax creates magic tables.
    thankyou @allan ;)

• LimpEmuLimpEmu Posts: 63Questions: 17Answers: 1
    edited September 2019

I started using datatables about four years ago. Initially I just adopted a basic setup, but quickly realized the great potential and learned to integrate more of the extensions, especially the editor extension. Nowadays any large table that requires sorting, filtering or editing, my preferred tool is using datatables.

The applications I build are primarily developed for non-profit health care or public health organizations with the need to organize data, summarize data in meaningful ways and share this data with their respective audiences. Most of these applications are access protected due to the nature of the data that is collected.

One public facing site is https://californiacardiacsurgery.com which is one of the earlier uses of datatables (and sadly we are still waiting for the next round of data to update the site).

The most recent project I have been working on uses datatables to support a comprehensive on-line help system for several of the databases collected. Users are able to review and edit context-sensitive help information for each field collected (using the editor extension, tinymce plug-in, fixed header extension and others), add comments, compile a manual for dissemination among participants, and manage help library versions. The database built is also used when data base users request help for a specific field when entering data.

I learn more about datatables each time I am using it, and I often feel that I am still only scratching on the surface of what you have put at our finger tips!

• SaturneSaturne Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I mainly use Datatables through the R package DT. Some examples of what I've done are given in my blog here and here.

• David@QuantumDavid@Quantum Posts: 36Questions: 4Answers: 2

Hello Again!

Changed jobs and as soon as a web development project was on my desk I was persuading my boss to buy me a DataTables Editor license (I've been given the trial period to show him how awesome it is).

I'm working on a rapid deployment for an industrial site management and device analytics system with DataTables+PHP, to replace a 110,000 line long vb.net program that I can only describe as a spaghetti monster! :D

See you in the discussions,
    David

• RoyceTheBikerRoyceTheBiker Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Here is my project that uses DataTables. JukeBox

• rpmccormickrpmccormick Posts: 107Questions: 13Answers: 0
    edited November 2019

I wanted to share some screen shots of some of the things I built in DataTables

They all have Editor and multi-field Bubble-editing. Some contain nested datatables inside the row-details of a datatable. I have done a lot of cool things I could never possibly do without DataTables. Thanks Allan.

• MKChrisMKChris Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I've just changed all my tables to use it on my local sports league website. It's so great. Only using the default styling, which works fine for me - although I do like some of the styles I've seen in this thread.

The most important use is league tables and individual players averages (obviously unsortable):

But then fixture lists are good for it too, some of which make use of searching, sorting and rowGroup:

It has also enabled me to make my new reports section quite interactive; we have a rule that allows players to "play up" (or play on loan) a limited number of times from another division. I have managed to make a report showing who's played up, when, for whom and against whom:

But as well as sorting and searching, I've used a select list to allow people to group by one of the fields. This detects a change in the select list, sets the selected column visibility to false and groups by that column, showing the number of rows in the header. Once a different column (or no column) is selected, that column's visibility is set back to true:

It's a fantastic tool, thanks so much.

• icefieldicefield Posts: 45Questions: 19Answers: 1

I've used DataTables and Editor for a side project to build a content management system for events. Users create and edit content using a web interface, upload the event content to the cloud, and then access it via my mobile app Event Truly.

I'm using Datatables and Editor JS on the client side, and Editor PHP with mysql on the server side. Everything is styled using Bootstrap 4 styling.

Here are a few screen shots with a few key DataTables and/or Editor features noted:

This is the main table for event content. Each tab (Summary/Category/Date/etc) has a unique Datable on it. Within the table shown, rows are grouped, and can be reordered (which affects menu order when content is shown in mobile app). Some columns are sortable, and some columns support inline editing. Also, all tables offer the column visibility option, and the ability to export the data. Many tables support import CSV data to bulk load information.

The following table is where unique activities at an event can be defined. Each table also supports varying the number of rows displayed, along with search within the table. This image also shows the Editor's autofill feature in use, where a value in one cell can be copied to one or more other cells. Autofill works with text, numbers, and image fields. (When used with image fields, it's a great way to upload a single image, but share it across multiple rows.)

This next image shows two tables that utilize a parent/child relationship. Selecting a row in the Schedule table, displays one or more child rows in the Time table.

Finally, here is an image of editing a Schedule row, and making use of the moment.js date time control (included with the Editor).

Overall, the site has more than 70 tables and associated editors. It's been great fun learning and coding to the DataTables and Editor APIs. The support and documentation that Allan, Colin, and team have provided is outstanding.

If you'd like to visit my Event content management system site, it is located at EventTruly.com.