Event column-reorder behavior issue.

Event column-reorder behavior issue.

Tester2017Tester2017 Posts: 145Questions: 23Answers: 17

An issue with column-reorder event.

What I am trying to obtain, is to know if the original column order has been changed. To achieve this, I am using the column-reorder event, and especially the details.mapping parameter.

I was assuming, that if the column order is in the original order, the mapping is a sorted list starting from 0 till the number of columns - 1.

But this appears not to be. So maybe I am missing something.

Here the steps I have done:

Changed columns 2 and 3

details.from shows 2 and details.to shows 3 which is, in my opinion correct.
details.mapping shows 0,1,3,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 and this also seems correct.

But then, if I change columns 3 and 2 (so the original situation is back)

details.from shows 3 and details.to shows 2 (correct), but
details.mapping shows 0,1,3,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 which is not representing the actual situation.

My 2 questions are:

1. how can I check if the original column order of a table has been changed?
  2. is the behavior of the column-reorder correct, in respect to the value of details.mapping?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Hi Tester2017,

1. you can use colReorder.transpose() to compare the current order with its initial positioning.

2. Yep, that's correct. It's not comparing with the initial positions. it's comparing with the positions before and after the move that triggered the event.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Colin

• Tester2017Tester2017 Posts: 145Questions: 23Answers: 17

@colin
    Thanks!
    This resolved my issue and it works like a charm. I have a button that will reorder the columns to their original state, but I will only enable this button if the original state has been changed. colReorder.transpose() is perfect for this job.

This discussion has been closed.