Download package corrupt

Download package corrupt

myengmyeng Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2012 in DataTables 1.9
I am unable to download the DataTables package. The zip file downloads but unable to open.
Please resolve?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    The 1.9.0 zip package has been download tens of thousands of times and this is the first report that it might be corrupted, so I suspect that your download might have been interrupted resulting in an incomplete download.

The MD5 checksum for the DataTables-1.9.0.zip file is:

> fc81da8531457c08407c7f496d74e00a

Can you confirm if the file you downloaded matches that?

Allan
  • ajinkya_et1ajinkya_et1 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

I am also not able to extarct files.

Please help.

Reagrds,
    ajinkya_et1
    Can you md5 hash your file and let me know what the resulting check sum is please? It should match the checksum I put above.

Allan
  • njgalnjgal Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I faced the same problem last evening...Was nit able to download that zip file.
    If anyone else encounters this, can you md5 check sum the file please?

I'm not sure what could be happening here - I've downloaded the package several times myself without issue, and I'd expect a flood of reports if the package was completely broken, but there is obviously something odd going on. I'd need more information to have any chance of figuring out what is going on - and I think checking the md5 sum of the downloaded file is the first place to start. Then if someone who hits this can upload their corrupted file somewhere so I can take a look at it that would be useful.

Allan
    I've managed to narrow this down to just IE6/7/8 having this problems based on feedback. The issue was that I had gzip compression enabled on the site and it was trying to compress the zip file… IE didn't like this very much :-(

However, it is now fixed :-)

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.