Datatable is breaking while loading the table dynamically

Datatable is breaking while loading the table dynamically

vivekmyselfvivekmyself Posts: 16Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2012 in DataTables 1.9
Hi,

I am using datatable for displaying the table data, everything work fine. I update the datatable from 1.8 to 1.9. Now it is not working properly.

The issue is initially the table loads properly. I am having a link in the table it fetches the data properly and I have a back link to return to the table. Until now its working fine.

The problem arise when I use any datatable functionality like search, sort, next page. After doing any one of this and try to click the link, the link gets broken and the page is displaying only the HTML the JS and CSS files not loading,

In Error console error is

$ is not defined

How to resolve this issue?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    $ is typically the jQuery object alias, so perhaps that isn't loading correctly, or out of sequence. I'd need a lot more information than this to have a chance of suggesting what is wrong. Can you link me to a test case showing the problem please?

Allan
  • vivekmyselfvivekmyself Posts: 16Questions: 0Answers: 0
    You can view the scenario in the below link

http://vivek192.in/test/help.html

After loading the page click on the Job ID. It will open the populated file in the same environment. And click the back button to come back.

After that you can do any Datatable operations sort, go to next page, Search. After that click on any Job ID it will load separately. I dont knwo why this is happening.

Search Highlight script I have added in jquery.datatable_add.js.

Hope you understand the problem now. Can you please help to solve this.

Thank you
    Hi Allan,

Now I put the click event above the datatable calling function now sort, go to next page problem has been solved only the Search is breaking jQuery. If I didnt search anything its working fine. I I search its breaking.
    Hi

Have u gone thru the above issue about the search highlight and page break issue?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Its an event handler issue - please see this FAQ: http://datatables.net/faqs#events

Allan
    Thank you Allan I will go thru the link.
This discussion has been closed.