Upgrade from 1.11.3 to 1.13.1 CSS changes - is there a summary?

Upgrade from 1.11.3 to 1.13.1 CSS changes - is there a summary?

jladburyjladbury Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

I am upgrading from 1.11.3 to 1.13.1, and have noticed a couple of CSS changes that I need to override: specifically those relating to rows (e.g. the rule for table.dataTable tbody tr has changed the colour from white to transparent. The table.dataTable tbody tr.selected rule has changed from simply applying a background colour to applying a box shadow.

These changes might be quite nice aesthetically - thought that is debatable - but it is inconvenient just to discover them when parts of my test suite fail.

Is there a summary of other changes so that I can be a bit more proactive in continuing the upgrade?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin
    Answer ✓

It was changed not so much for the aesthetics (they should be almost identical when used with a white background), but rather for flexibility. For example you can now apply a background colour and still get the row stripes due to the tinting. It also works on background colours that are not white.

There is a run down of that and other features in 1.12 in this blog post. You might want to look at the 1.13 release post as well.

Allan

• jladburyjladbury Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

Thanks Allan. I missed the blog posts, will keep my eyes open for future ones.