Advanced Search Filter

Advanced Search Filter

chrisvell88chrisvell88 Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

Using Datatables.NET with MVC Views. Apart from the native smart search facility is there a way where you can add advanced filtering within the datatable result set?

Thanks

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

We have two recent search extensions, SearchBuilder and SearchPanes - would they work for you?

Colin

• chrisvell88chrisvell88 Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

Thanks for our reply. I'm using datatables by loading data from MVC model from controller. Will these work?

I'm not familiar with the MVC model, but if all the data is in the table, then yep, they should do the trick. Both are easy to add - they just need a few source files and a configuration option (see examples in the link I provided) so quick to prototype to see if appropriate.

Colin

Thanks Colin When using the libraries from NuGET it is givin a jquery error and project does not complie anymore. Has someone encountered such an error?

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

Hi,

Colin has asked me to take a look at your question.

Not that I can immediately recall unfortunately. What is the error that you are getting?

Thanks,
    Allan

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your assistace. Please find the errors that come up after installing Nuget package for datatables searchbuilder.

Can you please help?

jQuery is a dependent for DataTables and the extensions - have you included that first?

Colin

Yes its included.

Actually the plugin is screwing it up for some reason...

Sorry which plug-in. Do you mean DataTables? In what way is it screwing up?

Allan

datatables.searchbuilder plugin. datatables standalone works ok.

The order is important because of dependencies, is SearchBuilder the last extension to load?

Colin

Its not about order colin. Once you install the plugin without doing anyting it just fails to compile apparently its complaining about typescript files installed

Can you create a repo with a minimal reproducible case for us so we can attempt to debug this please?

Thanks,
    Allan

Just create a VS C# MVC project,
    install the datables plugin...it works perfectly.
    Then install the search builder plugin, upon installing it fails to compile from there on.

Thanks for the instructions. I don't have a Windows machine with me at the moment, but I'll give this a try later on.

Can you show me the HTML you are using to include the files, or does it not even need to be referenced? Is it simply, new project, add the file Nugets and then it fails to compile?

Allan