Change data source from variable to ajax dinamicaly

Change data source from variable to ajax dinamicaly

koa73koa73 Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem:

Is it possible to set first load data from local variable, which I've load during make this page, but then set ajax source data. I wanna load start page with static data, but don't wont to create table on the server side

Thx

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,264Questions: 26Answers: 4,764

You can use data to load the data during initialization, see this example. Or you can use row.add() (1 row) or ``-api rows.add()` (multiple rows) to add the rows after Datatables has been initillaized.

Kevin

• koa73koa73 Posts: 6Questions: 1Answers: 0

If I set ajax option the table will be initialized from ajax request. If I set data options, I should table filling processing by my self May be I did't understand your answer

Maybe I don't understand the question :smile:

You are wanting to load the initial data from a local Javascript variable, correct? If so my response explains how.

Are you then wanting to use ajax for loading subsequent data? If so please explain your requirements and how you plan to use this feature.

Kevin

First load from local variable.
    Second load (by on button click event) from server by ajax with data parameters

Second load (by on button click event) from server by ajax with data parameters

Probably the easiest way is to use jQuery ajax to fetch the data. You can use clear() to clear the table before the ajax call or use it in the success function. In the success function use rows.add() to populate with the new data.

Kevin

edited November 2021

Ok thx

edited November 2021

If I remove ajax data source

Do you mean the ajax.dataSrc option?

put "data": "some variable" I get data, but events catcher don't work at all

What events catcher and how do they not work well. Please provide more specifics like do you get errors, etc.

Maybe instead of "data": "some variable" you need to use ajax.data as a function to allow for different values. See the examples in the docs and this example. You don't need to enable serverSide: true as shown in the example.

The best thing to do is to provide a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue so we can help debug.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

"What events catcher and how do they not work well. Please provide more specifics like do you get errors, etc."

.on( 'preDraw', function() {sp = {buy:0, sell:0, buyErr:0, sellErr:0};})
    .on( 'draw.dt', function() {
    $.when(offSpinner()).then(
    function(){
    gageMaker(sp, "Accuracy");
    commonDonut();
    initCount('day-', [sp.sell, sp.buy, sp.sellErr, sp.buyErr]);
    }
    )
    They are do nothing If Iset data source like this https://datatables.net/reference/option/data

And they are work if I set options for data source like this https://datatables.net/examples/server_side/custom_vars.html

"Maybe instead of "data": "some variable" you need to use ajax.data" I use this way but I wanna set data source 1 time "data": "some variable" , but on event 'click button' ajax

"The best thing to do is to provide a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue so we can help debug." it's not available at this moment

edited November 2021

In general the Datatables initialization options can't be changed. There are some cases like ajax.url() where you can make changes. Datatables isn't built to support both data and ajax at the same time. If you want to load the initial data using data then the use of jQuery ajax will be much easier than trying to manipulate Datatables to go from using data to ajax. See my above comments.

To have the preDraw and draw events called at initialization when using data you will need to initialize the event handlers before initializing Datatables, something like this:
    http://live.datatables.net/sowuheha/1/edit

The reason they work when using ajax is Ajax is asynchronous and the event handlers are initialized while waiting for the ajax response.

Kevin

edited November 2021

It's cool. Thx a lot. Everything work ok after changing order of events (set it before table initialize) So now I load data from variable then call load data by ajax on click event.

table_arch.ajax.url( 'rest/data/history/' + d).load();

Set ajax error handler
    $.fn.dataTable.ext.errMode = function ( settings, helpPage, message ) {
    console.log(message);
    };

Everything is ok Thx

But now I can't set only ajax.error handing into init options
    Is it the way to set it programmatically

No. This is why I suggested using jQuery ajax.

Kevin

Maybe you can incorporate the use of $.fn.dataTable.ext.errMode and error if you still want to use ajax.url().load().

Kevin