How to load locale json with translation

How to load locale json with translation

inajafinajaf Posts: 13Questions: 8Answers: 0

I am trying to use i18n for data tables, but when I put "url": "/dataTables/i18n/de_de.lang" parameter, it's not working but works with the CDN link. Could it be a folder permission issue? Maybe there is different way to load JSON in language parameter

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Do you get an error in the browser's console regarding loading that file? My guess is a 404 not found error which means you will need to look at the server logs to find out why the file is not found.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Yes, it could be a permission issue, or a case-sensitivity issue, or an http server configuration issue, or... Could be a lot of things :).

Best bet is to check the server's error log - my guess is there will be a request for a file which results in a 404 return.

Allan

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Sorry Kevin - overlapping replies - you are too fast ;).

On the plus side, we both have the same suggestions!

Allan

• inajafinajaf Posts: 13Questions: 8Answers: 0

@kthorngren is there another way to return JSON data without URL parameter in language?

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It needs the URL parameter to load from a file, It would be worth checking your paths. It can either be an external source, like this:

"url": "//cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/9dcbecd42ad/i18n/German.json"

or if internal, like yours, because the path starts with a leading /, than means the path is absolute, i.e. from the root of the webserver.

If you don't want to use a path, the other option is to place those language options into the configuration, like this example,

Colin