rowGroup + column init Trouble

rowGroup + column init Trouble

zgoforthzgoforth Posts: 493Questions: 98Answers: 2

Link to test case: https://jsfiddle.net/BeerusDev/p79g5dz0/8/

Hello!

I have a rather interesting question that I haven't been able to find anything related to or like on the forums/SO.

So in my data response, users have an option to choose more than one capability for a Company. I am using the Capability value(s) as my rowGroup DataSrc, and if a user selects more than one, it posts the values in one row as commas separated values. Is it possible for each item in the results array, to post under a different capability, and keep the remaining information the same? For example, in the test case I have provided:

One sample object has only one Capability.results "Cybersecurity" and that posts fine.

The other object, has an array of 4 items in the Capability.results "Program Management, Cybersecurity, Risk Management, System Engineering".

Originally it posts them as the array separated by commas. How can I manage to have it post as individual rows under different row groups?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,277Questions: 26Answers: 4,766

Are you saying you want four rows in Datatables, one for each Capability.results? If so you will need to restructure your data so you have you have four rows for McAfee.

Kevin

• zgoforthzgoforth Posts: 493Questions: 98Answers: 2

@kthorngren so I need to restructure my response. Got it.