Manual paging

Manual paging

HerlessHerless Posts: 15Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, how are you? I have a table of more than 30 thousand records and open a way to only paginate the total of records minus the content of the query. server side works but I wanted to know if there is such a way to paginate manually as well as send the limit in mysql but I am working with sql server.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

I'm sorry, but I'm not following the question. serverSide permits manual paging, so I'm not clear what you're after. Please can you explain in more detail.

Colin

• HerlessHerless Posts: 15Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello, how about I have a table of more than 30 thousand records and I use serverside to display the data, but I don't want it to load everything in one fell swoop but to load it differently as in MYSQL SELECT * FROM Orders LIMIT 15, 10 , there it works with a limit but the datatable is different, it shows the total, what I am looking for is to show little by little, thus advancing with the paging done by the datatable.

Example datatable: pagination datatable 1,2,3,4 page from 1 to 10 shows 10 records there the query is executed. page 11 to 20 shows 10 records there again the query is executed.

But I use SQL SERVER.

• allanallan Posts: 61,713Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin

Colin is correct, server-side processing is what you are looking for here. A full description of its protocol is available here.

If you don't fancy writing the server-side code for that, there are a few third party libraries for server-side processing on .NET:

Allan

This discussion has been closed.