Excel Export

Excel Export

mohmd42597mohmd42597 Posts: 19Questions: 6Answers: 0

when press excel export button save dialog box not appear downloaded direct?
and after open i need sheet data show from Right to left.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,694Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin

Just to confirm, the first problem is that you want a "Save as..." dialogue box shown rather than immediately downloading the file? I'm afraid there is no option for that at this time. To be honest, I'm not sure if it is even possible - it is probably a browser setting.

Regarding right-to-left support for the exported spreadsheet - I'm afraid that our Excel export does not currently support that. It might be possible to modify the created XML for Excel using the customize callback of the excelHtml5 button type, but I'm not sure of what the open document format requires for a rtl layout.

Regards,
    Allan

• mohmd42597mohmd42597 Posts: 19Questions: 6Answers: 0

Frist problem i need a "Save as..." dialogue box shown rather than immediately downloading the file.
    seconde problem what's the solution?

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Allan has answered your questions. What part of the answers do you not understand?

this part?
    To be honest, I'm not sure if it is even possible - it is probably a browser setting.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,293Questions: 26Answers: 4,768
    Answer ✓

In Chrome for example you would change this setting:

Settings > Advanced > Downloads > Ask where to save each file before downloading.

You will need to change this setting in the browser. The Datatables export doesn't have an option to ask where to save the files.

Kevin

@kthorngren thanks this work with me

This discussion has been closed.