Pagination inconsistent

Pagination inconsistent

sgmartin180sgmartin180 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have numerous Datatables on the homepage of my website and there are 2 in particular that on one day the pagination is working perfectly, but then the next day there is no pagination. I've tried different browsers so I'm sure it's not that.

Replies

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,348Questions: 36Answers: 394

Please provide a link to your site.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

there is no pagination.

If the Datatables formatting is nonexistent then you are likely getting a Javascript error. When this happens look in your browser's console.

Kevin

• sgmartin180sgmartin180 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Sorry kthorngren. I meant paging. In the JS Console, the only thing I see is:

datatables.min.js:53 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property '_DT_CellIndex' of undefined
    at Za (datatables.min.js:53)
    at ea (datatables.min.js:44)
    at HTMLTableRowElement.<anonymous> (datatables.min.js:45)
    at jquery-2.1.1.js:2
    at Function.map (jquery-2.1.1.js:2)
    at n.fn.init.map (jquery-2.1.1.js:2)
    at Ga (datatables.min.js:45)
    at f (datatables.min.js:121)
    at HTMLTableElement.<anonymous> (datatables.min.js:122)
    at Function.each (jquery-2.1.1.js:2)

Since it's a Golf League website, I only enter scores once a week and it seems to work great after I enter scores. The tables then stop the paging a day or 2 later. I cannot post the link to the website as it requires a login and there is personal contact information.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

That error is commonly asked about. You can search to forum for the error Cannot set property '_DT_CellIndex' of undefined to get ideas of where to look, Such as this [thread](https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/comment/184736/#Comment_1847360. Without seeing what you your client config and response data its hard to say where the problem might be. Look for missing table cells for example.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.