Unsure if I have not followed the download and install process properly or if I have a bigger issue.

Unsure if I have not followed the download and install process properly or if I have a bigger issue.

PolDev1PolDev1 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I know that I have seen posts on here tht talk about the error I have ($.fn.dataTable.Editor is not a constructor). I do have a trial version of the js and css option. I have run the install.js and that seemed to work without giving an error. I also ran the npm install portion and it seemed to complete without error as well. When I run my code however it still gives the aforementioned error.

I will be going through the getting started section, removing my code from the situation in order to se if I can download the editor and use it properly.

I am just looking to see if anyone has any potential answers to my propblem in the meantime.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

That error will happen when Editor isn’t available on the $.fn.dataTable object. Why that is happening could be any number of reasons. It could be that jQuery is being loaded twice, the Editor JS file isn’t being found, a concat error, or something else. Are you able to give me a link to your page so I can take a look and hopefully identify the issue in this case please?

Allan

• PolDev1PolDev1 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

What I was trying to put together is pretty complex with several layers code bases and other boilerplates. I think I will try and see if working through the Getting Started page in a more barebones setting will help me to see why it isnt working on my actual project. If that doesn't work however, I will come back and see if I can't show you what I'm working with.

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

Sounds good - thanks!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.