editor input field with search-function

editor input field with search-function

MadMax76MadMax76 Posts: 149Questions: 33Answers: 1

In a website I am currently using I have the option that the potential values for this field are automatically searched while I input text; this looks like this:

Is Editor capable of something similar in inline-editing? Of course this would be perfect if it does not only (as in the picture shown) searches the beginning of the potential values, but all of it.

Thanks
Max

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,432Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin

Hi Max,

Currently the way to achieve that is with a field plug-in such as the Select 2 integration plug-in.

The next major revision is going to include support for a DataTable as a field, which will be another other for how to do this kind of thing.

Regards,
    Allan

• MadMax76MadMax76 Posts: 149Questions: 33Answers: 1
    edited February 2021

ok sounds like one more thing to dig into...

I think I understand the idea, but what about the long javascript starting with "(function( factory )" - is that the external library or where should that go?

Any idea when this next major revision will be there - sounds like something to look forward too!

Thanks
    Max

Answer ✓

It is actually feature complete now - I'm just working on everything else that is needed for it (purchasing, docs, etc).

This example shows how to use a plug-in field type. Typically you wouldn't modify the dataTables.editor.js file - it just makes upgrading difficult in future!

Allan

edited February 2021

thanks, i worked on that quite a lot. I managed to work "normal" select2-fielsd without datatable, and also a normal select-field in the datatable. Working example here
    http://freigabe.kontura.at/OffeneTest.html
    But: As soon as i change from "type": "select" to "type": "select2", the table is not loading anymore - see here
    http://freigabe.kontura.at/OffeneTest2.html

I do think I have installed all necessary scripts and css...

EDIT:::

thanks, i worked on that quite a lot.... and I managed to do it :smile: :smile: :smile:

It was a lot of work, small things like getting the js-sources in right order etc... an answer of kthorngren on a different question got me on the track...

THANKS A LOT again!!!

By the way: I will buy support credits, I think that is quite overdue after what amount of help I already got... If you feel it is necessary to book some of the time already used there I understand that!

Thank you - delighted that you were able to get this working. Plug-ins for Editor is certainly something we need to work on making easier in Editor.

Regards,
    Allan

I do not think that si necessary to get it easier - but make desciptions better!!! For example: for select2 there is no "running" example, only the "theoretical" instruction how to do it. Also that you post the code of the plug-in is not necessary and might be even mis-leading - I thought I would need to put this into the page itself. In the ende once you know which plugins are needed (and in which order) I think it is quite easy.

Thanks again Max

This discussion has been closed.