SearchPanes Button options Duplicated when Creating DataTable in Child Row

SearchPanes Button options Duplicated when Creating DataTable in Child Row

ITAppData@HomeStreet.comITAppData@HomeStreet.com Posts: 54Questions: 13Answers: 2
edited January 2020 in SearchPanes

Ran into a new unusual problem when creating a DataTable as a child row and utilizing SearchPanes in both the "parent" table and the created "child" table.

When a table is created as a child row with it's own searchPanes button, it duplicates the searchPanes selectors of the original parent DataTable.

Example here: live.datatables.net/vemimali/1/edit?html,js,output

If you click the "name" column it displays a child row which is itself a DataTable with a searchPane button. The button on the child DataTable works as expected (the example doesn't have any data).

However, after the creation and destruction of the child row, when clicking the searchPane button for the original table the options for the original table are duplicated, and only one of them works. This occurs each time a new child table is created then destroyed.

I'm unsure if there is something I'm doing incorrectly to cause this or if it's a bug. You can see in the code, I've attempted to call the searchPane rebuildPane() function on the main table to try to resolve but it doesn't seem to have any affect.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,116Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

I'd say something looks wrong there. I've raised it internally (DD-1358 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @ITAppData@HomeStreet.com ,

We've taken a look at this and made a fix, thanks for spotting the bug.

I've updated your example to pull in the latest nightly file.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• ITAppData@HomeStreet.comITAppData@HomeStreet.com Posts: 54Questions: 13Answers: 2

It indeed seems to be working now.

Thanks for the awesome support!

This discussion has been closed.