Problem with "Export to Excel" on IE when using ajax loader

Problem with "Export to Excel" on IE when using ajax loader

abrookieabrookie Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

We are experiencing an issue on Data Tables 1.10 using TableTools 2.2.4 on Internet Explorer. When loading the data via ajax, clicking "Export to Excel" is getting the following error and thus exporting a blank spreadsheet: "Object doesn't support property or method 'clearText'". This error occurs from the call to this.movie.clearText() on line 273.

If we were to use the data: call instead of ajax: on DataTables the "Export to Excel" works just fine (with no errors).
This also doesn't seem to be an issue using the Google Chrome browser.

Any ideas why we would be getting the error: "Object doesn't support property or method 'clearText'" when calling this.movie.clearText() on line 273. Is this ZeroClipboard issue? And why is only occurring when we use ajax on IE?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Can you link to the page showing the issue so I can debug it please? Or are you also seeing this on my demo pages?

Allan

• abrookieabrookie Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

Allan - I will try and get a demo site up for you to take a look at. Quick Question: I just saw a post where you mentioned that you were going to release another version of the Export to Excel/Table Tools (without flash) in the next week or so. Are you still pace for that? That might actually fix this issue anyway...

We loved your work on DataTables btw! Keep it up!

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Quick Question: I just saw a post where you mentioned that you were going to release another version of the Export to Excel/Table Tools (without flash) in the next week or so. Are you still pace for that?

I'm getting a bit bogged under at the moment (support requests have been building up like crazy recently), so it might not be next week, although I fervently hope it will be and will be really disappointed if it isn't!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.