Is it possible to preserve italics, bold, and underline formatting when exporting to Excel?

Is it possible to preserve italics, bold, and underline formatting when exporting to Excel?

goodbassgoodbass Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Basically, when I click on the Export Excel button, I need for the process to convert any text within <i></i>, <b></b>, or <u></u> tags to respectively formatted text in the .csv file. Is this possible? If not, the time savings of such a feature for me would be enormous and I would gladly pay for its development. Thanks!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Currently no. The Excel file created is actually a CSV file, so there is no formatting preserved. What needs to be done is that TableTools would create a real Excel file - an XLSX file with formatting information. Its something I'd really like to do, but haven't had the bandwidth to do it yet.

If you are interested in sponsoring such a feature, that would be superb - it will likely take a bit of time unfortunately as I think it might be a little bit involved, but if you are happy having it as part of TableTools under its current license I would of course give a discount over my standard rate. Please feel free to drop me an e-mail if you do want to talk about this - allan@ this domain.net.

Thanks,
    Allan

• goodbassgoodbass Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the response, Allen. I found a low-brow solution using the clipboard to copy and paste into an Excel file. This kept the text formatting intact as needed needed.

Thank you for the wonderful product!

This discussion has been closed.