sAjaxSource-file with multiple access at the same time

sAjaxSource-file with multiple access at the same time

unluckerunlucker Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in DataTables 1.8
Hi everyone, I really like datatables and all the stuff you can easily do with it, but now I have a question on which I need support with.
In my Programm, users search for different stuff. Because its a big database I decided to generate a json file with php and print the data from this file as sAjaxSource. Every request(e.g. new searchterm) on the search ends in a file that overrides this file. Normally this works perfect(when I'm testing it), but my question is, does this also works when there are more users try to find something coincident ? Should I add the session_id of the user to the json-file, just to make sure that there are no Problems when two or more people coincident try to make a search request ?

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Without being able to see the full system, I don't think we can really say. HTTP it stateless, so I guess it might well work, but if you are sharing files between users you might run into concurrency issues. You probably need to plan for the worst case and then see if you can make that happen and test if the architecture works for it.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.